- Cover all eating disorders services for children adolescents and adults and consider transition between services (including inpatient)
- Include a needs assessment of services that are provided by the third sector and community eating disorder support across Scotland
- Cross reference findings of the Mental Welfare Commission Report “Hope for the future”.
- Make recommendations for how specialist eating disorder services can best be provided in urban , semi-urban and rural areas, including how early intervention can be achieved through early referral systems in primary care, schools, third sector.
- Make recommendations as to hoe data for eating disorders can be collated consistently
- Make recommendation for what age range if any an eating disorder service should cover.
For the review to be successful it needs to hear from people who use the services and hear their experience of them; how they can be improved and where any gaps may be.
It will also hear from clinicians across the health service and from a variety of external organisations such as Beat, Linda Tremble Foundation, NHS National Education Scotland for example.
The review is happening now and due to be completed by spring 2021.