"Dr Dasha Nicholls is an expert in feeding and eating disorders. She is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Joint Head of the Feeding and Eating Disorders Service and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health, University College London. She is currently clinical lead for the Eating Disorders Team.
She specialises in feeding and eating disorders in children and adolescents, ranging from failure to thrive and medically unexplained weight loss to early onset anorexia nervosa, as well as the treatment of childhood obesity. She has published over 60 research articles and book chapters and is actively engaged in lecturing and teaching.
Current research projects include the delivery of cost effective and early interventions for eating disorders, refeeding and medical complications in anorexia nervosa, sensory aspects of selective eating behaviours and parent interventions for childhood obesity."
For current agenda, see flyer attached! Full agenda attached below!
Places are limited so early booking recommended
This year's conference fee includes one year's membership with SEDIG and includes lunch. Don't forget to specify any dietary requirements on booking your place Want to know more about the membership? Click here to find out more!
By email/post: Please download and attach/post the booking form.
Online: We are currently working on improving our booking system. Nevertheless, for online bookings, please read the following notes and then fill in the form at the bottom of the page. Once you have completed the form you will be taken to a secure (https) payment system:
- For Carers/ Students, under "Number of people" please select "1". This will adjust the price to £20
- For professionals, under the option "number of people" please select "2". This will adjust the price to £40 .
- For Multiple bookings, please complete a transaction for each individual separately.
Sign up to our email list to stay up to date with the latest news from SEDIG
The Scottish Eating Disorder Interest Group (SEDIG ("We")) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.sedig.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is SEDIG, , MCN for Eating Disorders North Scotland.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website (www.sedig.org) or by corresponding by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for online services, become a SEDIG Member, sign up for our email newsletter, register for an event, enquire about volunteering opportunities, enquire about fundraising opportunities; make a donation and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and financial information e.g. credit card details.
- With regard to each of your website visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us
Information we may receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies are used on this website. A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored in the browser. The file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page form the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The information we obtain from the cookie could be used to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
How we use this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SEDIG, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
SEDIG does not hold customers’ financial information and purchases or bookings made will be monitored under paypals own private policy. SEDIG will receive conformation of a purchase from paypal. We will only receive details of payment being made and total amounts. We do not store or receive other financial information
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted
You can request us not to use any of your personal details; you will usually ask in advance whether you agree to our use of your personal data. If not you can instruct us not to use your personal data by emailing us at
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites